- Be polite - we know conversations can get heated, but losing your cool is the surest way to lose support and fail at getting your point across. Gather your thoughts, think about your response and then add your input. Absolutely NO profanity or personal insults.
- Be concise and clear - add the details that you need to express your opinion, but remember that short and sweet is usually best.
- Be organized - add each argument separately to make it easy for others to read and up vote your input.
- Use proper grammar and spelling - your comment will be better received when it is easy to read. Do not write in ALL CAPS.
- Up vote good content - Up vote arguments & replies when they add valuable content to the discussion, not just when you agree with the opinion.
- Add informed and relevant opinions - read the "First Point" article before adding your arguments and make sure your inputs are relevant to the conversation.
- Add valuable content - avoid comments that lack content such as "yes", "agree", "+1", "lol", etc. Check out Paul Graham's How to Disagree.
- Don't troll - A troll is someone who posts comments that add no value just for the sake of getting a reaction out of others